Happy New Year. It’s been a bit since there was a post. This won’t really count as one either. It’s just a short update with a few announcements.
1. This (my instrumental trio project with Drummer Craig Bunch and Chapman Stick / Warr Guitarist Chris Lavender)
is out now on Bandcamp (https://roughhewntrio.bandcamp.com/releases). You can pay what you want to purchase it. I don’t think my friend Andre would mind me stealing his FB description, “proggy, fusiony, ambient-tinged deliciousness in a Holdsworth / Zappa / Crimson vein”. It’s got all sorts of influences floating through it, and it’s fun for the whole family. You can stream it for free (up to 3 times) or pay what you want to purchase it. I hope you’ll check it out!
2. I LOVE Vimeo, but it’s a little too restrictive for SOME (good) people – so I’ll have a YOUTUBE channel up soon. I’ll put some never before seen (and heard) things up there. Maybe I’ll even put up a clip of my “Salt Licks” guitar instructional video I shot with my good friend Randy Bird at Berklee. : ) Maybe not. We’ll see….I’ll announce specifics here once I get some content up.
3. The second KoriSoron 5-track EP is done in terms of music. Big thanks to John Chiara at Albany Audio Associates for going above and beyond! Farzad from KoriSoron is working on the CD graphics and I expect that we’ll have that out by the end of the month or February.
4. I’ll have some of my back catalog up online in the weeks ahead as well.
5. I’m just finishing up pre-production for my solo acoustic release tenatively titled, “Eel – Ecch – Trick – A – Coup – Stick” It’s a WIDE swath of music and might cover 2 CDs. I’m hoping to release it in the Spring or Summer depending on whether it becomes a full length or 2 EPs.
6. I’m back into electric playing these days and pulling something together along the lines of Hassan Hakmoun’s Zahar performance on Night Flight with Hahn Rowe and Yuval Gabay and mixed in with some of the Balkan & Middle Eastern music I don’t suspect I’ll ever get away from. Right now the goal is Ass Shakin’ music with burning guitar and vocals.
7. I’ve been thinking a LOT about this website and the purposes (and people) it is supposed to serve. In a re-branding initiative this year, I suspect that this blog will remain and another site may come up in its place, but completely re-working this may be an option as well. File that under “Summer Project”.
Some other things afoot too tentative to mention here, so that’s it for now. I really hope you’ll check out the Rough Hewn EP!
As always – thanks for reading!